What better Monday dinner than easy mushroom soup!
The BEST part about this recipe is the cute bread roll for a bowl!! Creative AND less washing up!
Perfect for these these cold Amsterdam evenings. Make your soup, hollow out a bread roll…
Voila! Soup in a bread roll! You can even be super “no pots” and use the bread lid as a spoon…
The soup doesn’t soak through into the bread but instead makes it wonderfully soft! The next challenge is to make the roll!!
The recipe for the mushroom soup pictured is an adapted Jamie Oliver recipe, to view the original method see here.
Below is the recipe for 5 portions.
– 800g mushrooms
– 1 onion
– 2 sticks of celery
– handful of parsley
– 1l of vegetable stock
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 200ml creme fraiche
– 3 garlic cloves
– olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– 5 crusty bread rolls
- Peel the mushroom caps (if needed) and throw them away, then slice the mushrooms finely.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and pour in a little olive oil. Add the onion, celery, garlic, parsley, thyme and mushrooms, place a lid on top and sweat gently until softened.
- Spoon 4 tablespoons of mushrooms out of the pan and put to one side. Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then whiz with a hand-held blender until smooth. Pour in the creme fraiche, bring just back to the boil, then turn off the heat.