Now these are amazing! My old colleagues bought me The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook for my birthday last year to both teach me some more baking skills and to also improve my Dutch (it is the Dutch version). Needless to say they went down a treat in our house and they are high on the list to make again!
Again, I have slightly altered the recipe and cooking time to suit me!
The recipe below makes 6 cookies.
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Put the butter (25g) and the dark unbranded chocolate (112g) in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water
- Keep stirring until the chocolate and butter has melted together and is smooth
- Whisk the egg, 85g of sugar and the vanilla extract together
- Pour in the melted chocolate mixture and stir (could also use electric whisk) b
- Sift the flour (42g), salt and baking powder into the mixture and mix well
- Stir in the Galaxy chocolate until evenly dispersed
- Arrange 6 equal amounts of cookie dough on a baking paper lined baking tray (they will spread out so make sure there is space)
- Bake for 12-17 minutes. checking regularly after 12 minutes
- They are ready when the tops start to crack and look glossy (I liked mine to be slightly more crunchier so used the full 17 minutes till they were firmed to touch before taking them out)
- Leave the cookies to cool slightly on the trays before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely