This cheesecake is my best (and worst) find! It’s mouthwateringly delightful as long as you ignore the calorie count!
Original recipe from Nigella Lawson, below is my adapted version.
Serves: 10 (you only need a very thin slice!)
- 250 grams digestive biscuits
- 75 grams soft unsalted butter
- 1 x 400 grams jar nutella (at room temperature)
- 100 grams chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 400 grams full-fat cream cheese (at room temperature) (light cream cheese doesn’t set as well
- 60 grams icing sugar (sifted)
- Break the digestives (250g) into the bowl of a processor, add 25g/3 tablespoons of the hazelnuts, blitz until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the butter (75g) and a 15ml tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz again until it starts to clump and you have a damp, sandy-like mixture.
- Tip into a 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Make sure it is tightly compacted. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Beat the cream cheese (400g) until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar (60g) bit by bit before adding the remaining Nutella from the jar. Beating together with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts on top to cover.
- Place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.